3 Healthy Scallop Recipes and Shake the Tongue
In addition to fish and shrimp, this one seafood is definitely not left behind to be served at a seafood restaurant. Especially if it's not shellfish. One type of shellfish that is easy to find, namely scallop shells. No need to go to seafood restaurants, various recipes for delicious scallops can be copied at home.
Nutrition and benefits of scallop:
Not only does it feel that it deserves a thumbs up, scallops are also very nutritious to meet your nutritional needs. Various nutrients contained in scallops, including protein, amino acids, selenium, phosphorus, sodium, choline, and vitamin B12.
All these nutrients actually have benefits for the body, such as:
- Maintain healthy muscles and nerve cells
- Increase body metabolism
- Helps the formation of cell membranes and DNA
- Supports the production of thyroid hormones, red blood cells, and sperm
- Healthy and appetizing scallop recipes
- Although ax shells have a lot of nutrients, improper cooking methods can reduce their nutritional content. Very dear isn't it, if you enjoy this seafood without complete nutrition?
Well, that's why the method of cooking scallops must be considered. For that, let's try to take a look at the following scallop recipes that are not only delicious, but also healthy.
1. Roasted scallops with lemon
Mussels are soft and chewy. However, when heated the meat will become less hard. So that the scallop meat stays soft in the mouth, grilling is the most appropriate way to cook.
Roasting scallops will ripen or dry the outside of the meat. Well, here is the recipe of a grilled scallop with lemon.
- Some scallop meat that has been removed from the shell
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- How to make a grilled clam menu with lemon
- Preheat the oven to medium temperature, around 180º C.
- Wash the scallop meat and place it on a grill that has been covered with butter thinly.
- Mix the juice of lemon, salt, pepper, garlic, pepper, cheese and parsley in another container. Then, stir until smooth.
- Smear the scallop in the mixing container with the spice mixture. Then, roast.
- If the shellfish is large, it usually takes around 25 minutes. However, if the size is medium and small, just 15-20 minutes, the scallop is ready to eat.
2. Sixi scallop
This is a typical Chinese scallop recipe. When interpreted, the word "sixi" means four happiness, which comes from the 4 kinds of materials used.
The four ingredients include beans or green vegetables, carrots, peppers, and of course scallops. This mixture of vegetables and seafood is full of protein, vitamins and fiber.
You can enjoy a six-scallop menu for lunch with family. How to make a sixi scallop is quite easy with the following recipe.
- 400 grams of ax shells that have been separated from their shells
- 1 carrot, sliced according to taste
- 1 yellow and red paprika that has been cut
- 8 chopped beans or other green vegetables to taste
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 slice of ginger and finely mashed
- 1 or 2 chili pieces
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of crushed white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- How to make a sixi scallop
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Then, saute the garlic and chili until fragrant.
- Add carrots and beans (or other green vegetables), let stand for 1 minute.
- Add the paprika pieces and stir-fry for up to 30 seconds. Then, add chicken stock and water.
- Add the clams and stir until cooked. Then, add corn flour and let it stand for a while.
- Sixi scallop is cooked and ready to be served.
3. Scallop soup
Besides being sauteed or baked, you can also make scallops into soup. This scallop soup recipe will certainly be more enjoyable if eaten when you are not feeling well or cold weather.
This food can make your body warmer. To make this menu, follow the steps below.
- 200 grams of axle shells
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil and butter
- 1 spoonful of salt and pepper
- Sliced oyster mushrooms (the amount according to taste)
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- Small sliced chives
- 2 medium-sized ginger peels that are peeled and pounded
- 1 tablespoon of roughly mashed coriander
- Chicken broth
- Enough to taste
- How to make a scallop soup menu
- Thinly slice the axle shells transversely.
- Then, place the clams on the oven pan and spread with butter then sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
- Bake the clams in the oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute at 200º C. Lift and place in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.